
Caroline. What to say. Last week after a very bad first soccer practice (By bad I mean having a great time, lots of friends just starts crying and refusing to play. I did not let her have a juice box and team snack since she refused to play the whole time. By dinner time she had a 103.9 fever - great job Mommy!) I promised her some new shoes just for soccer. After scouting out some possibilities to steer her towards (which I always do, it makes the actual trip with her much easier) realized all the little girl tennis shoes are pink - just like she already has. Decide black and white soccer shoes are not only less expensive, but also can later be worn by Owen. So, since soccer is tomorrow we had to go to three different stores to find someplace that carried soccer shoes in her size (because kids her size do not need actual soccer shoes). Luckily it was right down the street after driving over to the mall. The guy was really nice and Caroline loves them.
Afterwards we went to lunch with Matt uptown (what most normal people would call downtown). Owen flirted with two women the entire time. It is always cute and funny at first, but then I start to wonder if it bothers people. I hope they do not feel like they have to continue waving and playing peek a boo for the next 10 minutes until he gets tired of it and moves on to something else.
Did run 3.5 this morning, by myself for the most part. Matt had to kick me out of bed. It is so hard to get up at that time especially when it is warm and cozy under the covers. Running all by myself whole time tomorrow since Matt is out of town Thursday. Can get through tomorrow but worried about Saturday. Scary!
7 comments:
is there supposed to be a pic here? if so, I wanna see!
yes, picture and post. Accidentally hit publish post! You are too fast miss molly! btw - only got the picture after asking her to let me take one for the girls - Molly, Drena, Melissa and Erin. Then she asked if Ella and Emma would see it too!
So you're a soccer mom now? Cute!
go to www.eurosport.com (I think they actually own soccer.com now that I think about it) if you want to get her cleats - they don't really cost much more, and they really do help their feet and their playing - tennis shoes make it difficult to kick the ball with the inside of your foot. Plus she can wear shinguards with cleats, which makes her look all cool.
I love little kids' soccer - my mom calls it Amoeba ball - where all the kids just travel around the ball and kick at it, like those one-celled organisms that change shape around the nucleus. they look so cute when they do it!
She is getting SO big...
i love the pic and glad she was happy to model for us :-)
Luckily Zachary has not asked for soccer shoes yet - he is just happy with his Mexico soccer shirt. Heck, we don't even have a ball! (they were supposed to give us one when we signed up - here it is 5 weeks later, and no soccer ball...I know as soon as we go buy him one, they will send home the free one...)
this is going to sound really gay, and I don't mean it to be, but she has her mother's legs!
Never thought of myself as a soccer mom, but I guess so. Thanks for the compliment, Molly!
Those are cleats, that is why it took three stores. Usually three year olds do not "need" cleats.
Post a Comment