Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pinkeye

Took the kids to school yesterday and then hurried to get some other errands done. Wanted to get this week's trip to Target done and some returns to the mall. Have my outfit finalized for this weekend and wanted to take back the extra shoes I got (found a pair later that I really loved) and a couple other random things. Got to Target and barely got anywhere on my list when the school called and said they all think Caroline has pinkeye. Seriously? I just dropped her off like 25 minutes ago and really it was Owen that seemed to possibly have pinkeye. Caroline's seemed just fine. Told them I would be there in about 15 minutes (hoping I had time to drop a few things I really needed into my cart). Went to the toy area to get the scooter for her birthday next week and ran into one of my new neighbors. Felt really bad it seemed like she wanted to chat, but explained I had just gotten a call from school that Caroline was sick. She did say she is around for the next few weeks so hopefully we can catch up sometime soon. Got the scooter and got out of there and into the car - 15 minutes later. Oops.

Dialed the ped while driving to school and managed to get an appointment with one of my favorite doctors. Why do I prefer him over the ones we normally see? He is old and still loves to write prescriptions. Most of the young doctors believe in that whole lets see what happens stuff. Get Caroline have some time before her appointment so we head to an early lunch at Chick-fil-a (10:40am). Thank goodness they still have some breakfast and I go for brunch instead of lunch.

Head over to ped where even the nurse can spot the pinkeye and which eye from across the room. (I really do stink at this.) The doctor comes in asks if it hurts, she says no and is all smiles for him (he really is nice). He says it is pinkeye, writes the prescription for drops and tells me if the other eye starts to get it just give it to her in that eye too. I ask what about her little brother and he says to just use the same drops, same instructions. Yes, Dr. Martin is now right up there with my ob, Dr. Bland.

Run back to Target where my favorite pharmacist/pharm tech or whatever is working and knows me. Looks at the prescription and says he will get it filled right away - within 15 minutes. Say thanks and realize I forgot to get more sunscreen earlier so walk to the conveniently located sunscreen (right next to the pharm counter). Pick up the helioplex stuff that is supposedly worth the extra money and then go over to the travel sizes to see if they have anything I need for this weekend (Matt has requested we not check bags). Then the girl comes over and calls our name - less then 10 minutes! She rings us up and the guy comes over and tells us he hopes she feels better soon - so sweet. My favorite Target by far.

Head back to school and pickup Owen. One eye seems to have a little extra sleep in it. His teachers say he had a great day and they already know pinkeye is going around so do not mention it. Give them both drops when we get home. After quiet time Caroline's eye looks better, Owen wakes up totally gunked out. Yuck. This morning they both look great so hopefully a good day tomorrow with both kids going and staying at school, especially since I have a hair appointment.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

So sorry about the pinkeye! Yuck! That stuff is no fun. Hopefully they will get over it soon and hopefully you will avoid getting it yourself.

Mollypants said...

Yuck! Pinkeye's no fun! Hope the kids aren't feeling it too much though - it can really hurt if you don't get it right away.

Meredith said...

Pink eye SUCKS!!! I had it one time and by far I think it's the worst thing ever! Hope the kids heal quickly!!!