Out of the last three weeks we have had five days of no sickness (some kind of bodily fluid and/or fever). A little tired of it. The plus side is every bed has clean bedding (Caroline got my bed one time). Do not even want to see the water bill.
We have had a lot of time to be home. The kids are addicted to "the babies" (Jon & Kate plus 8). Owen especially. He will start crying and come get us when it stops and pull us over to see and start another one. Most of the episodes the kids are older then him, but he still calls them the babies.
Since we have been on virtual lockdown (no desire to have that stuff going out while we are out) not too much has been going on. I am baking this afternoon in anticipation of meeting a new neighbor tomorrow. They have a three year old daughter and 15 month old son. They are both from Australia and he is a pro golfer. How cool is that? They apparently have very cool accents and she likes champagne. My kind of girl! Anyways, hopefully they are cool and will be fun to hang out with. We are going to go ahead and invite to playgroup this Friday. We have some other neighbors who just moved out today and the new people there are moving in Friday, but they do not have kids. Kind of stinks for them (no baked goods or invites to playgroup), but do not think they would have any interest (or ablility) to come hang out and have a glass of wine at Friday playgroup.
Funny kid moment - a couple nights ago around 11:30 Caroline was crying and coughing alot and almost threw up. She had 103.3 temp helped her with some Motrin and got her back in bed. As I was getting her all snuggled in she told me she "loves and likes Lovey. Drena gave her to me." and gave me a huge smile. Guess Caroline will always hold fond memories for Drena since Lovey is her favorite thing.
2 comments:
sweet Caroline!
U should still invite the neighbor for wine! She might enjoy watching the kiddos play!
Sorry everyone is so SICK! Yuck! Cool that you've got new neighbors with kids almost exactly Caroline & Owen's ages though. I haven't even met my neighbors...all I know is that one bakes all the time (I cam smell it), one owns a taxicab and I think one is a pot dealer. Hmm, I think we live in ENTIRELY different neighborhoods.
Hope everyone is healthy enough that you guys can slip away for a bit on saturday, we're looking forward to it!
Post a Comment