That would pretty much describe Caroline's day yesterday. She has had a stomach bug since Sunday night and was still vomiting (and other stuff) along with a really high fever that would not stay down (back up to 104 four hours after Motrin). So after stacking the Motrin with some Tylenol and still having her just lay around sleeping decided to call the doctor and they said to bring her in. Luckily Matt came home to have lunch with Owen while I took Caroline. She feel asleep on my lap in between the nurse and doctor. She did wake up and talk to the doctor and then they did urine and blood work. Everything looked good so we came home and she feel asleep on the couch after Matt went back to work while Owen was playing and I was sitting at the table having a little lunch (she was watching me). This was around 12:45. Woke her at 1:15 for Motrin. Put Owen down for his nap at 1:40. She finally wakes up at 3:30. She proceeds to tell me she misses daddy and wishes she could see him. Remind her she saw him around lunch. (no recollection) Asks me where Owen went. (quiet time which is almost over). Tells me she does not want lunch. (okay) Asks me if I am going to have lunch (already did). Then I ask her if she remembers going to see the doctor - no. Remember the nurse - no. Daddy - no. She just was in a complete haze the entire morning. She was back asleep by 4:30 until Matt came home early with dinner at 5:45. She then asked if she could please go to sleep 7:15. It was crazy.
The funniest comment of the day was when getting ready to leave the doctors she wanted to be carried and after I picked her up she told me (very upset!) that "my undies and bottoms are where I go poopy!". Apparently picking her up she got a wedgie. Oops.
5 comments:
Aww - poor Caroline. Hope she feels better soon! We apparently have a stomach bug going around Zachary & Liam's school, and I am just praying they don't get it. Love the wedgie comment - although that was like adding insult to injury I guess. :)
Oh, poor Caroline....She really was in a daze to miss all that...and to sleep so much. Hopefully she is feeling better soon and the rest of you don't catch it! She sounds cute even when she is sick...and she has a had a tough run of it in the last 6 months, poor thing!
Oh poor thing! I hope Caroline is well soon! Stomach bug is running rampant at my school too, I'm PRAYING I don't get it. I'm deathly afraid of them!
Hope she gets well soon. You mean Caroline doesn't wear thongs??
HAHAHA @ Erin! Reminds me of that line from "The Devil Wears Prada"....
Post a Comment