Monday, February 2, 2009

Bright spot!

Just found out that one of Matt's lawyer friends got us tickets to Dave Matthews in April!!!! Hoping they are good, but really, if I am not paying, I am not complaining!

In other news I finally finished reading my book, Mary. This is the first "real" book I have read since Caroline was born (not counting Harry Potter and a few other fluffy ones). Really enjoyed it and plan on moving on to Revolutionary Road next. Then I may go back to some Civil War, Lincoln or Lee books. He seems like a pretty interesting man.

Did make it out for a run on Saturday morning. It was 25 degrees and took most of the day to finally warm up. Did manage it just in time for some mexican. Yum!

The kids are tons of fun and had lots of fun with Molly Saturday night. It did come out last night that Caroline talked Molly into an extra book. She thought it was hilarious that she managed to get an extra one while we were gone. She has also started acting out all her books together. We did Caps For Sale yesterday. I got to be the monkeys and she was the man selling caps. It was pretty amazing how well she knew the entire book. Owen is now finally giving really good hugs! It takes some effort for him to actually slow down and do it and Caroline gets most of them, but they are so tight! Not sure why, but for me this feels like such a milestone. It is nice when they lean in and let you do it, but when they start really squeezing back it just feels so good.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Mollypants said...

Can I borrow your Lincoln book? You can borrow the vampire books or the one I told you about the other night, the one on the assassination!
I need to start trading books more often instead of buying them, obviously!

Mollypants said...

And yes, Caroline did talk me into an extra book, but she gave a good argument - it was short, and one that she reads "all the time"...and since Owen was crying and she helped give him hugs and kisses good night, I decided that I couldn't afford to lose my ally at the moment - extra book ;) And she knows "Caps for Sale" and "Olivia" cover to cover - I said "he thought" when I was reading Caps and she stopped and said "no wait, that says 'thought he'". I need to be a better reader! I had read Caps when I was a kid, but I read Olivia for the first time the other night. Cute book and really funny!

m said...

Yes. You of course you can borrow Mary. I have been thinking I need to do more borrowing then buying and then I also know it was one someone else liked. Trying to stay away from the vampire ones, but the other one sounded really good - I was going to ask you!

"Thought he" cracks her up. She tried to correct me one time and I had to show her that it said "thought he" not he thought. Ever since she repeats and giggles when I read it. Pretty sure Olivia is a newer book, but reminds me so much of Caroline how could we not love it?

Rebecca said...

We love Dave Matthews - they are generally really good live. I've seen them over a dozen times (including 2 times in Charlotte!) and only one time I would consider "not great". Hope yall have fun! We're going to see them in April as well when they come to ATL (actually, Alpharetta).