I will post. Was sick this week. Not too many excuses for last week except the kids only had one day of school. Which left me with four others to keep them occupied. Long weeks.
Have you ever heard people always die in threes? I have always heard that and according to my current book Mary Lincoln also believed it (yes, I have also been reading, another obstacle to my blogging). Anyways, I think good things happen that way too. Matt was not on the plane that went down even though it is his favorite back from NY, my mole is fine, and Matt still has a job. A crappy one, but a job to keep us afloat. Which brings up the other side of my question - do bad things happen in threes? I was really sick this week, Matt's company sucks, and I am waiting on the third. The third may have happened, but not sure if it counts. Caroline and Owen were doing laps (running through the kitchen, through the dining room then around the corner and down the hall to turn again and repeat) when Caroline tripped on something and must have totally bit it because I heard a thud and then blood curdling screaming, like the seriously hurt crying of a three year old. Ran in and she was still sprawled. Picked her up and she could barely point to her nose. No blood and looks okay, but now it is still all red (this was 1:20 today). She must have gone down so quick no time to brace or break the fall at all. Ouch. She seems okay, but worried she is going to be all swollen nose and bruised for the birthday party she has tomorrow.
Anyways, Owen is okay. Trying to get him into the eye doctor. We think his right eye turns out sometimes. It is a little weird. Attempted to go this week, but after waiting almost an hour (got there 15 minutes early) in a packed waiting room and not seeing too many people get taken back decided it was time to reschedule. Looks like we will try again Tuesday.
Caroline did start ballet this week and even though she knows no one in the class she had a great time. It was so much fun to watch from the window and see her having so much fun! Her teacher conference also went great last week. She is right on track and has already accomplished all the goals for the three year old class even though she is the second youngest!!!! Owen is still too young for conferences.
Anyways, out for dinner tomorrow night with one of Matt's lawyer friends and his pregnant wife. Hoping we are on the firms expense account. If not at least it is mexican. Margaritas for me!
3 comments:
Oh, I want Mexican!!
Ha, I was the one that called you out but we missed you :-( I hope that Caroline's nose is ok today!! Also, really glad that Matt still has a job. I was hoping that he was as I was reading all the headlines, but I didn't want to bother you guys in a stressful time and figured you would let us know.
hello, stranger! Glad all is well and you posted an update.
Not sure if I always believe things happen in threes, but last year I had 3 very stressful business things happen right after the other and I ended up in tears a few times. :)
I used to believe that bad things happen in threes, but my 2007 was more like "bad things happen in 33's." I'll take threes, especially the good ones!
Post a Comment