Got into another car accident this morning. This time all my fault. Yes, the kids were in the car, but luckily this time they did not notice. Happened at school (again) in the front parking lot at drop off as opposed to the back parking lot picking up. Was in auto drive after a particularly challenging morning and just pulled into a space. Did not notice the other car door open until I heard the scrape and saw it right there in my passenger window. Had to back up so she could close the door. Luckily no damage to her car although it is definitely missing some paint because it is all over the side of my car. Hopefully it will wash off. Sweet Matt was exceedingly nice when I called and just wanted to make sure everyone was okay. I love that he loves me no matter what. I did not even get a lecture on being more careful.
The morning was challenging because no one wanted to listen to mommy and get dressed, or go potty, or let me do her hair. They just wanted to play in the freshly cleaned playroom and mess everything up. The whole reason everything was put away though was because Janet was coming and needs to be able to actually clean. Not really possible with toys everywhere and I feel guilty having her put things away too.
Anyways, day got better after the accident. Went to trader joe's stocked up on some more wine and other things. Ran a couple errands at the mall. Talked to my sister-in-law and apologized again that we were not only not going to make our godchild's baptism, but the card and gift are not going in the mail until Monday. Luckily she is very laid back and did not mind at all. Allison is pretty great. She has things in perspective. I love that.
Other then that, not much going on. Caroline got into a ballet/tap class at the dance studio down the street. She is very excited. We are headed over to play with the neighbors at one of our friends this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and having some snacks and a glass of wine. Then will end the week with a classic movie (North by Northwest) and possibly another glass of wine with Matt (we are all out of scotch!).
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
4 comments:
I'm glad everyone is OK! Sorry you had a rough morning - hopefully things will get better with wine. :)
Poor Meghan :) I'm glad wine is included in your plans for tonight. Have a great weekend. I also just noticed that your blog isn't on my blog list - I'm fixing that today!
Glad to hear you're all ok...and glad that you didn't get any grief about it, I know from my previously "spotty" driving record (thank god it's been at least five years now, knock on wood) that it really does no good to even give a lecture on being careful, you've already given yourself a horrible pit-in-the-stomach feeling about it. I think men (your Matt especially right now!) are actually pretty good at looking at it that way, seemingly more so than women at many times. But I'm glad to hear everyone's okay. And glad to hear you're settling in with some wine!
Hope your day ended on a good note! Sorry it was so rough to begin with, I hate days like that!
Post a Comment