The kids are back in school. Caroline managed to take a nap on Tuesday and Owen is so much fun! That would pretty much sum things up. Caroline did have a birthday party yesterday afternoon so she was exhausted by the end of the day which was perfect because then Matt and I got to go out last night and she was already asleep by the time we left. Owen was still talking and playing some, but he is so good we knew he would not be a problem. His biggest problem is himself.
He always has to go go go and is very similar to his mommy in lack of grace (I will refrain from telling the broken foot story, again). This week he has had three major boo boos. In his defense the boy closing the door on his hand was not totally his fault, but you would think he would start to realize that the doors outside are normally closed and not to put his hand on the side of the door where it closes. or at the very least move his hand when the door started to move. The other two were head injuries - nothing requiring a trip to the doctor, but two large knots on his head. The first he somehow feel off a chair he was kneeling on in the playroom. I was making dinner, but heard a thud and ran in to see Caroline on the other side of the room looking at him with big eyes. She said he was just kneeling and leaning on the chair and then fell off. Calmed him down and thought it must be hands that got hurt (even though the thud sounded more like a head) because he kept putting his hands to my lips for me to kiss them and whenever I did he laughed and laughed. That night Matt noticed the lump on the back of his head after getting him out of the bath. The other bump was on his forehead. He was running around in tight circles in the kitchen (what other kind of circles could you run in my kitchen?) before school. I sat down in a chair to put my shoes on and told him to stop he was going to get hurt and which point he looked up, started to laugh, tripped and fell head first into the cabinets. I guess that could actually be my fault for distracting him.
Caroline decided we are best buds. I of course am all over this because hopefully then she will tell me everything and know that when I do something it is with her best interests in mind. She constantly comes over and tells me we are best buds and gives me a big hug and kiss and every night before bed she does the same. Think Matt may be a little jealous because I get a lot more kisses and hugs now. She does say that Matt and Owen are best buds and maybe sometime we can change it up and her and daddy can be best buds and Owen and me can, but we will see. It has come in handy when I need her to do something and she does not want to. I just remind her we are best buds so I am just looking out for her. Things like trying everything on her plate, wearing her coat, not standing on the edge of the sofa, etc...
Other then that everything is good. Had fun on our date last night. Just a little dinner at one of my favorite places to get away for a little while. Cannot remember the last time we have had a just us date and not sure when the next one will be. We have a few things coming up, but it won't be just us. I do have to admit I am looking forward to Robert E. Lee's birthday party. It cracks me up that the school and alumni groups actually have an event every year specifically for that purpose. All joking aside it is fun and who doesn't like birthday cake!
1 comment:
ohhh that's my little man, that Owen. Apparently it's a good thing I was not named Grace either - I can count six goose-eggs that I remember on my own head. He's already a big kid, but maybe it's just him preparing himself to be a Georgia quarterback! Hope everything went well with Kate last night, she was so pumped to watch "real TV"!
Post a Comment