Thank goodness Matt was not in NY today. The flight that went down is one he has taken several times. One of his coworkers was on the flight though and she seems to be okay. She is being treated for hypothermia and her fiancee is flying up tonight to be with her. It was the first time ever that I was actually glad Matt was on the west coast instead of NY. West coast stinks and I rarely get to talk to him because of the long flight and time difference. Thinking he will get a pretty big hug when he arrives off the red eye tomorrow morning.
Not much else going on. Alone last night and all day today. Caroline had school and Owen and I had lots of fun playing this morning. This afternoon Millie from next door came over and played while I did lots of laundry and then Caroline and Owen played really well together while I made dinner and read an US Weekly. I would like it on the record that while I used to buy it I have stopped in an effort to curb my trash reading (see goals list), but for some reason got an issue yesterday (with Jennifer Aniston on the cover) and then another today (with Fergie's wedding). The one yesterday said it was a free trail, just call and I would get four free issues - I did not call. Which on the one hand I cannot stand that they are sending them anyways because now they are going to send me a bill that I have to intercept from Matt and mark cancel otherwise he will just pay it with everything else and at the same time I do love some celebrity trash. Those clever marketing people.
Suppose to leave tomorrow afternoon for the mountains. We pretty much picked one of the worst weekends to go. Hopefully I will make it back. I do not do well cold, but already zipped my fleece into the shell and sweated taking the trash out tonight so maybe that is a good sign.
2 comments:
Glad he is safe and I too like trash reading, but save mine for People magazine at my parents house. :) Hope the weekend is fun and you don't freeze.
Glad he is safe, I was worried when it said it was bound for Charlotte. Cara was flying in and out of NYC that day and said it was crazy there, but she's been very happy that people are paying attention to pre-flight instructions now. I said that while I'm happy that no one was hurt, I'm very concerned for the fact that those people were all swimming/wading in the HUDSON RIVER. Eww!
How did Caroline do skiing? I'm sure Owen was jealous and wanted to plow down that hill as well!
Post a Comment