Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ouch!

Today Matt found something to lecture me on. I was complaining about going in to have a mole biopsied and Matt just went off - You have to do this, it is for your own good, blah blah blah... He even told me yes it would hurt when I told him I was a little scared. It has not really hurt yet, they numbed the area, but she said to take some tylenol for pain later (ibuprofen can increase bleeding). I even had to get a stitch, which I did not realize until I was there. I can get it wet and she is going to come over to take it out next Tuesday so I won't have to go back in (unless the cells are bad), but it still freaked me out. From now on I will not only slather sunscreen all over the kids, but start doing it myself also. No more healthy color.

Other then that just getting ready to go to Wintergreen this weekend. It should be absolutely freezing. Just wanted the kids to have a chance to play in the snow for awhile and get our minds off everything with the bank (they are cutting 40% of Matt's group next week - good times!). Hopefully it won't be too cold and Matt can take Caroline out and get her on skiis. I thought he would only take her in the bunny patch, but he thinks some blues and greens would be fine too. A little scary to me, but he did promise no blacks.

Owen is sleeping (for now) and Caroline has a friend over, so need to check on them, but wanted to give everyone a sun warning while I had a chance!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Hopefully the mole is nothing! I had a precancerous place removed from my cheek and now slather the sunscreen on... I miss my tan...

Mollypants said...

Aww, tell Caroline that I learned to ski on the exact same slope that she did when I was her age! and by "slope"...I mean the tiny little Potato Patch mostly-flat area where the hardest thing is the lift. I'm sure she'll be taking off down the hill in no time...and if she gives you any grief, tell her I wore a helmet when I went skiing last week too. Then again, I don't think she'll think it's cool just because I wore one.
PS...you should try the blacks at Wintergreen if the snow is fairly fresh and not icy. They're really not bad as long as the snow is decent. Sooooo jealous!

Mollypants said...

oh, I thought you meant no black slopes if YOU were going out, not Caroline! They don't even allow kids that young on those ones anyway I don't think, so don't worry ;) But the blues and greens are fine there, the only reason they're rated that is because of the length I think.
PS - don't you ski too?

Drena said...

Have fun and try not to stress!