I hate being alone at night. Yuck. Matt is traveling to west coast again which doubly sucks because I barely get to talk to him. Hopefully he is taking the red eye home to get in Thursday morning, but may have to detour for something in Minnesota and not get in till that night (or later). So, obviously in a bad mood not knowing when my husband is coming home. And he is out next week. Enough of this vent.
Yesterday was Matt's birthday had a good day that involved having Matt's mom in town with us, taking Owen to the doctor (ear infection), and going out to dinner. The kids were really good at dinner which was really nice. Had a really fun weekend with a birthday party down the street and friends over for dinner on Saturday night. Birthday party was nice with one of my favorite cakes (from Tiz's) and more champagne then beer! The adults got to take home party favors also, although I have not been brave enough to try it yet - Vegemite? Maybe tomorrow morning.
The biggest news of the weekend would be...... Owen is sleeping in his big boy bed now! It has been in his room for several months, but he has refused to sleep in it. Then Saturday afternoon he was crying at the beginning of his nap I went in and he pointed at his bed, said bed and started throwing his animals out of his crib. Switched everything over, put him in, gave Matt the monitors and went to lay down. Later Matt said Owen got out of bed four times before Matt put him back in the crib. That night while reading he pointed at his bed and let us know he wanted to sleep there so we put everything in again and thought we would be up putting him in the crib shortly, but he went right to sleep! He has been doing it ever since with only the occasional get out right at nap time. The one bad part has been when he wakes up after his nap and in the morning he just gets up and comes out, but we are going to work on that next. He does wake up in a good mood though. First time in four years to not have a crib up somewhere in the house. Feels a little odd.
Long day alone tomorrow. Kids have school, Caroline has a playdate after school and then we are going across the street for dinner with friends. Her husband never travels, but is at a conference so she is all alone and not really use to it with a three year old and three month old (same birthday as Oliver!). Yikes!
3 comments:
awww, sorry you're alone. Judd's been sick with the flu for the past 3 days which pretty much makes me alone...wish you lived in the ATL we could keep each other company!
EWWW...Vegamite...I tried that one time...London I think...YUCK! Good luck.
Sorry you are alone...I wish you lived here cause you and the kiddos could keep me company while I pack!
Sorry you are alone - I hate being alone too. Yay for Owen sleeping in his bed! That is great!
Post a Comment