Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We did it

Not sure if it was the smartest thing to do, but we did it. We are now a totally balanced household. Beta has a new buddy named Hayden and he is adorable. Adorable, normal and still working on house training and not chewing on the furniture or eating all the grass out back. It is a little weird that he does not snore or lick and he eats his food right by his bowl (not carrying it all over the house and dropping it everywhere in the process).

Hayden is from a rescue group so not 100% sure how old, but pretty sure he is right around 12 weeks and that he is a lab/beagle/boxer mix. Honey colored and will probably top out around 40-50 lbs. Hopefully not too much bigger.

Caroline and Owen cannot get enough of him and his favorite place to sleep the first day was under the kitchen table. That has now changed to under the couch. Pretty sure the new location is due to the fact that the kids kept laying down right next to him and petting him while he was trying to sleep under the table and dreaming (sorry could not resist).

In other news we watched a couple movies over the weekend. Two new ones and although Matt and I normally agree on movies this weekend we both really liked one and not the other. In all fairness I think Matt may have liked mine if he had not fallen asleep 45 minutes in and I could not believe I wasted an hour and half of my life watching the one he liked. I enjoyed All Quiet on the Western Front and highly recommend even though it is a little long - over two hours. Matt's new favorite, laugh out loud and could watch a million times movie is Paul Blart Mall Cop. It was awful. I really do wish I could have that time back.

Not much else going on around here. Pretty much just trying to enjoy being on summer vacation. This week is still busy, next week is a little busy and then almost nothing for four weeks (thinking a possible trip to Atlanta with the kids). Hayden went to the vet yesterday, eye doctor for Owen today, over to a friends in a few minutes, school friends over tomorrow afternoon, street friends over on Friday afternoon. Next week Caroline has camp in the mornings and will probably do at least one picnic after we go get her.

No comments: