Friday, June 12, 2009

Messes

If it is not one person it is another. Hayden, Owen and sometimes even little Miss Caroline. Normally the first two, but sometimes she throws one in just for fun. Hayden and Beta are still fighting, but it is starting to seem a little more playful then fighting. Hopefully they have will have it all worked out soon. It does crack me up to see Hayden try to take something from Beta and her drop it just to turn and snap at him then pick it back up like nothing happened.

Other then that not much going on. Second (or is it third?) week of vacation. Caroline had summer camp at the nature center and loved it. She was so excited to go and never got even a little upset at drop off even though one of her buddies cried and clung to his mom. I was a little worried that day, but it did not even faze her. YEA!

We had a W&L alumni event last night. Keg parties and kids! It actually was fun even though we were huddled in the carport since it was raining for a chunk of time. Eric does have a great house for entertaining, it is super close, and you never have to step around toys - which puts it on the list of favorite places to have a drink. He is also super nice to Caroline and Owen. They think he is amazing. The best part though may have to be the girl who just finished her freshman year and is looking for families to babysit. Plan on calling her in the very near future.

Last weekend we watched a few more movies. It felt a lot like the weekend before with (Paul Blart and All Quiet on the Western Front), except it was Superbad and Revolutionary Road. You can guess who preferred each. Hopefully this weekends movies will be slightly better. Pretty sure tonight is going to be He's Just Not that Into You and then tomorrow will either be One Flew Over the Cuckcoo's Nest (which I have seen, but do not fully remember) or Milk. We have had Cuckcoo's Nest for awhile now so pretty sure that will win out. Has anyone seen either of the others? Should I keep expectations low?

5 comments:

Drena said...

I have seen all of those! I liked One Flew and Milk. He's just not that.... is pretty cute, but very predictable. I like the lead girl b/c she is in Big Love.

How was Revoluntionary Road? I've heard it is depressing?

Mollypants said...

I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Good movie but I remember it feeling really really long. I later read the book and really liked it.

Glad you had fun at Eric's house, I should tell you about the insane night me and him and Kate had last saturday. I think I'm still hung over. And if I was really drunk around some W&L friends of his and yours and Matt's, I really apologize. I barely remember going to their house...just remember, beginning a night at 7:30 at Selwyn can only lead to a horrible hangover.

m said...

Revoluntionary Road was pretty depressing. That is why Matt hated it. I read the book though and wanted to see how similar the movie was.

Eric and I did chat some about your the long, very drunk night. Did not mention going to some other W&L peoples house. Do you remember where it was and if it was def W&L people? He hangs out with a pretty wide range of people and quite a few from the bank still.

Mollypants said...

Ha, yeah, I have no idea who the people were, or where we went. I think it was in Dilworth somewhere, because I remember going to get beer at the Circle K kinda by your house on Kenilworth. All I remember is that they had a golden retreiver and they talked about Reese Witherspoon because one of them knew her or something. And later I may have left a very very drunken and funny message on Dan's machine.

m said...

Maybe one of the Didier boys. Think one of them may have a golden. Most of the W&L people they hang out with have a connection to Reese because one of their friends (Miller - great fashion sense and very nice) went to Harpeth with her and is friends with her still. She is also married to the guy she dated in college who is friends and pledge brothers with Eric and Matt. It is all mixed together. Did Ed Norton come up at all? They are all friends with his sister who went to school with them and he even came to hang out several times. Small school, but lots of odd connections.