Thursday, June 25, 2009

Inspired





So, between Drena, Melissa and my list I have been inspired to try again to lose the last of the baby weight and get in better shape. A year ago I had five pounds left and I still have two. I know it does not sound like much, but I would just really like to see the old number on a regular basis (there have been a few fluke days, but pretty sure I was just dehydrated or something). Anyways, I have been running again (and pretty sure I am going to try again to do a half marathon in November with two 5k's before then) and eating much better. Instead of saving all the yummy berries and fruit for the kids (they will eat it all if given the chance) I eat some too and try not to feel like I have taken good, healthy growing food away from my children. I have found planning meals ahead of time works much better then just opening the fridge to see what we have. When that happens the kids usually end up with turkey dogs or mac and cheese and some kind of veggie that we have in the freezer or chick-fil-a if we have been out and I eat whatever I can find after they have gone to bed which usually also leads to lots of snacking.

Owen's lack of naps has been keeping us pretty busy. Before I just tried to have a plan for the morning, now we have to have plans for the morning and afternoon. Otherwise it is a very long day. We have been running some errands, but trying to have some fun too. Yesterday we went to a tie dye party in the neighborhood, lunch, and then a "fun" playgroup in the afternoon. It was good, the kids were exhausted, but so was I. Today we headed out to Trader Joe's and then this afternoon are going to play with the girls next door. They are too cute. It has gotten me thinking that moms really do work a lot to keep the kids having fun and not bored all summer. I feel awful when Caroline tells me she is bored and wants to do something fun. She is still a little too young to throw out the "go clean your room/family room/etc".

This is kind of funny, but the kids have been playing upstairs while I am trying to type this and Owen just came down saying "mommy haircut" with the scissors from the doctor kit (don't think they have ever been used when we play doctor, just beauty salon). Not really funny, but will be tonight when I get to leave before dinner to actually get my hair done. He has no clue. Poor guy.

Evite update - went ahead and sent it out to just the ten I felt really comfortable sending it to. Felt like I really should have gone ahead and invited the one if I wanted to and was talking to someone about it and she said the to go for it, especially since the one girl that I was really on the fence/slash did not want to does not even drink wine! So, I went ahead and added her last night, but was really nervous she would notice seven people had already responded, but she still has not checked it. Hopefully that puts me in the clear and she will just think everyone else responded really quick! Will update if things turn south.

No comments: