Monday, May 4, 2009

Update, with minimal commentary

Went to a wedding outside Newark this weekend. Will try to stick to the facts with little commentary. Knowing how "over excited" I get in certain circumstances you can draw your own conclusions on what Sunday and today have been like so far.

We had our wonderful friend Molly watching the kids this weekend. She came over Saturday morning and the kids were super excited. No tears when we left. Woo hoo! We were bumped to first class going out and coming back. First trip in the front of the plane and really not all that impressed. Except that they give you two drinks when you ask for one. Guess it saves them from having to get up again? Either way, very nice. Arrived and actually had minimal motion sickness. Pretty sure most of you know about my legendary motion sickness. Threw up on every single car trip as a kid until I was at least 10. Now I just feel like I am going to throw up.

Got to the hotel, checked in, had lunch, ran an errand, came back and started getting ready. (Some of you may be able to read between and know what kind of errand I had to run before I could start getting ready - yes, way too excited and nervous.) This was not really necessary, but having only met the bride a few times did not realize how cool she was. On the shuttle over to the club she had a cooler with little bottles of water and cans of champagne. Everyone knows what a fool I am for some champagne. Got way to excited and Matt was right next to the cooler. You could easily say this is where things went south. Made it to the wedding. Had to leave during the ceremony. Rejoined during cocktail hour and for the most part pretty sure I did okay the rest of the night. The next day was not such a wonderful story. Alcohol the night before, a nasty breakfast sandwich that was thrown out after four bites and motion sickness - not a good combination. The flight attendants asked Matt if I had the flu. Almost 31 and think I have finally learned that I need to slow down and not get so excited. Good lesson to learn, but feel I am a little late in learning it.

The wedding was really pretty and the bride had lots of neat details. My favorite was the little photo booth that they had set-up in the lobby. They asked everyone to take as many photos as they wanted and then to put at least one strip into a scrap book for the bride and groom with a little note. It was all done by the end and they have a great memory of everyone who came with sweet comments.

One other funny thing (and really hope this does not offend anyone), but there is this one girl I have always gotten an odd vibe from. Although she was in a sorority with most of these girls she has always been (it appeared to me) much better friends with a few of Matt's friends. Matt always said he thought she maybe had something going on with this one guy. Well, we were seated at our table and she had a friend with her. They seemed really close and giggly and thought I saw them holding hands a few times. They then got up and slow danced together. Matt looked at me afterwards and said he guessed that settled it. Yes, I thought it did. Then we get home and Matt looks her profile on facebook and he is all surprised and confused (again) because she is listed as Married, but there are no pictures with a guy, just several of her with the same girl "all cheeky" as he described it. WHAT???????? I thought we had settled it the night before and had to rewalk Matt through the whole thing. Pretty sure he gets it know.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Getting ready for Caroline's birthday on Wednesday. Cannot believe she is almost four!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Ah, good ole Meghan and her "too excited" first night out..this time it was at least Saturday..usually it is Friday..love you though :-)

Also, apparently there is a natural vitamin you can take for motion sickness (heard a lady tell the girl who was puking on one of my planes once) if you don't want the drowsiness of the real stuff :-)

Mollypants said...

Glad you had fun...I had fun with the kids! Man, they wore me OUT - I was passed out at 8 pm last night!