From the last few days.
Caroline has refused to tell me what my special mother's day surprise is that she has been working on at school. All week she keeps saying that she will bring it home on Friday and give it to me on Sunday morning. Well, pick her up Friday and the first thing she does (outside her classroom door) is pull it out of her book bag and give it to me.
Caroline's birthday was Wednesday, so Thursday night in the bath Caroline looks up at me completely serious and tells me she is an adult now that she is four. She then proceeds to tell me that now that she is four she can get up whenever she wants in the morning and does not have to wait until the clock has a seven on it. Fortunately she is not the problem here. Owen keeps getting up between 6:15 and 6:30. We are all sleepy and beginning to think he may be due for shorter naps during the week.
Owen tried to wear his pajamas to school every day this week. Every single day.
Caroline wanted real makeup for her birthday. So she got her first lip smackers lip balm. She insists on putting on her "lipstick" every morning.
Owen has decided the best seat at the table is my lap. He refused to eat last night and just looked at me and said mommy's lap. As soon as I held him he started eating. Have to admit I actually really like this.
This morning the kids down the street sprayed me and another girl when we were going out for a run. Sprinting to get away from them made us decide to just walk this morning.
This last one I am not so sure I should share, but it is by far the most uncomfortable I have been all week which I am sure will make some of you laugh...
One morning before school I was going potty after Caroline (the only way to get her to go is to tell her I am going next), while she was washing her hands she completely innocently asks me if my special place is bigger then her special place. I had no idea how to answer and just tried to change the subject. She asked again and said "I am just wondering if your special place is bigger then mine." I mean really?????????? Luckily Owen then came in and tried to get on the stool with her which made her cry and forget her question. Thank you, Owen.
1 comment:
that's funny. i can see her doing this! :)
Post a Comment