Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sleepy

About to take a nap, but thought I would give a brief little something for anyone bored. Starting feeling super yucky last night - sore throat in addition to a headache, nausea and body aches. Still feel super yucky. This is good because up until then I thought I was reaching the age of "two day hangovers". Now I know my allergies are just out of control unless a fever starts and then it is definitely swine flu.

Caroline had ballet this morning. They got their costumes for the recital and are adorable. Even though Caroline joined way late with less then half a year to go she has made some sweet friends. I had noticed them saying "bye" when we were leaving and everything, but today one ran up with her and asked if we could do a play date sometime. It was nice to see that she is really coming out of her shell and making friends.

Went to lunch with a friend and one of her little boys from across the street. Spent some time discussing our awful neighbor next door who had the nerve to dump two truckloads of mulch into the street across from his house. Which coincidentally was right in front of a house that had been for sale up until yesterday when the new owners closed. Thinking they loved driving up yesterday afternoon to that. Not sure if someone called the police or if they just happened to drive down the street, but the guy next store got stopped and had a "conversation" with a cop today. It was great!

Anyways, any one have a great idea for a side or appetizer to bring to dinner at a friends this weekend? No kids, just the adults, we are having chicken and dressing, broccoli slaw, a cake for dessert and someone has already said they would bring skinny girl margaritas. Help!!!!!

btw- did you know that 20% of the world's cotton is used for denim? Thought that was kind of interesting.

edit - update - the guy next door has now put his port a potty in the street in front of the someone else's house right next to other person's driveway.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is port-a-potty guy the one with his crack hanging out?

Also, what are "skinny girl margaritas"?? Not sure I like the sound of that...as for a side or appetizer...well, 7-layer Mexican dip is always good (it IS Cinco de Mayo today - have tacos on the brain!)...I don't have any other ideas right now. I'm sleepy too. If I think of anything else I'll let you know!

Drena said...

i always love artichoke and spinach.

Meredith said...

we had this really good "nachos type" thing at Bunco last month...Cheesy Corn Bites

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
1 large egg
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
Tostitos Scoop Chips
Fresh chives or cilantro

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients except for the chips and fresh chives or cilantro. Spoon a teaspoon of mixture into a scoop chip. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chives or cilantro.

anyway, they were SUPER yummy!

Mollypants said...

It's not an appetizer, but I just got a really good recipe for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna...I love ANYTHING buffalo.

m said...

port-a-potty guy is one of the workers on guy next door's house. he is the builder too so I blame him when things go wrong. He does love playing the stupid card. ie - "someone's there working? who is it?" ummm, your the gc YOU should know.

thanks for the suggestions for what to bring. Was thinking spinach artichoke, but Meredith's sounds yummy too.

oh, I had to google skinny girl margaritas. It is from real housewives nyc - bethany makes them as part of her "skinny girl" catering. I cannot stand her and am pretty sure I will not like this margarita after reading the recipe.