Friday, March 12, 2010

Road to recovery

Finally went to the doctor today. Matt threatened to make the appointment for me and offered to take care of the kids. I made my own appointment, but realized he was pretty serious. Caroline did come with me (yes, she is still sick, but maybe turning the corner?), but Matt offered to pick Owen up from school. I noticed something different during it that I am not sure if it is just because I am older or medicine has changed - prescriptions are super easy to get. She totally hooked me up. My allergy medicine has been changed to one of the newer "slightly better" version of my old one. She also gave me cough syrup with codeine to help suppress my cough and get good sleep! AND even though she said she thinks it is probably viral, I got a Zpack "just in case because you need to be able to function" and she looked over at Caroline. Sometimes going to the doctor can be such an ego boost. You feel like you aren't really saving the world or anything staying home with children and then the doctor (who has three children) writes you scripts for all sorts of things because you have to take care of young kids. It was nice.

The best part of it all? Matt stayed home after picking up Owen and let me sleep!

No comments: