Sunday, March 7, 2010

Big Love - Spoiler Alert

Impossible to go to sleep while the big awards are still coming up on the Oscars and Matt is working. Just finished Big Love season finale and thought I would give a few quick thoughts. First, Oscars are great. I love getting a quick update on all movies worth seeing from the previous year especially when the netflix queue is dangerously low. Fully stocked and now the biggest problem is three new movies come out Tuesday and we should have two coming back that day and one Wednesday. Netflix ships the new releases out on Monday to arrive on Tuesday. Basically once we figured this out, if there is a movie we really want to see we make sure one goes in the mail on Saturday, they receive it on Monday and ship the new release to arrive in our mailbox on Tuesday. Hoping it works this time. SO, the queue is looking pretty good for now. This weekend we saw All About Steve and New in Town. Both okay, but ready for some non-fluff good stuff. Did prefer New in Town due to the great accents and difference in customs. Tapioca, Eh?

On to Big Love tonight - STOP NOW if you want to see the finale and have not yet. Personally it was semi entertaining until the end. Ugh. Normally you figure out where a show jumped the shark in retrospect, but feel like it was pretty easy to peg tonight when Bill won the election. Of course I told Matt this and he thought it jumped when the guy got his arm cut off - the one scene he has actually happened to be here AND look up in time to see. He finds the show "disturbing" and prefers to not be present when I watch. Sometimes I sneak in an episode when he is working and not paying attention. Once I am five minutes in it is too late to switch shows. So, Big Love was a huge disappointment. I am really hoping I am wrong and they somehow can write it pretty well, but not sure how. They usually pick it up several months later and did seem to pretty much gloss over being "exposed" with Barb and the award thing a few seasons ago, so maybe they will somehow gloss over this and act like it never happened. Shower dream scene? Eh?

No comments: