Friday, September 25, 2009

Better

So far so good. Last weekend did not start off good. I got the dreaded call from school on Friday at noon letting me know that Owen was okay now, but had gotten quite a few fire ant bites all over his hands. Apparently he found a new, little ant hill and thought it looked interesting and started playing in it. Not good. When I got him they were just a bunch of bumps, but by the time nap was over he was saying his hands hurt and they were starting to fill up and get ugly. They are still ugly, but most have popped and are just little red dots now. He did learn the lesson though. Now if you ask him about ants he says "no ants, no play with ants." Good.

Friday afternoon was the first soccer practice. Since Matt is coaching I did not think I needed to go (actually thought it would be better to keep Owen home and out of the way) especially since we would all go to see the game on Saturday. Well, when Matt gets home find out all the other parents were at the game. Moms and dads - maybe a few more moms than dads. Matt also informed me that he thinks some of them may be under the impression Allison (a friend from grad school in town who agreed to help asst coach) is his wife. Nice. Put me up for mom of the year now.

Saturday morning I went on my long run (a little over 7 miles and kept a 10:07 pace!!!!). Barely made it home in time for the game, which meant no shower and totally nasty to the game (did switch shirts and quickly sweated through that also). The Pink Poodles (yes, we got the pink uniforms!) did really well. The first half the other team did all the scoring and the second half we did. Caroline got her first goal, although someone else did all the work and stopped when the ball was on the goal line so Caroline just kicked it in. A few moms were surprised when I said that I was Caroline's mom "oh, with Matt?" was pretty close to the phrasing.

Saturday night some friends from school had a bbq that we went to. Fun. Not much to say. The kids had fun playing with everyone. It started to rain so we did leave after only an hour, but everyone was a little tired from running around all day.

Sunday we just relaxed and worked on the bathroom a little more. Matt made a minor (perhaps major) mistake Labor Day weekend. Saturday morning he asked if there was anything I wanted him to do that weekend. Seriously? Let me think. I am sure I can come up with something. Sure enough within the hour I remembered my desire to redo the hall bath. I suggested we take down the wallpaper. Really was not that big of a process (only took about an hour with all the tile). We also replaced the light fixture and mirror and then this past week had the wallpaper put up. It looks so different. Still need to get a new shower curtain and have the tile cleaned. The floor is super stained. Will post pictures when complete.

Hoping this weekend is at least a little quieter. Owen had his teddy bear parade at school today and this afternoon he has a birthday party while Caroline has soccer. Really hoping the rain holds off until at least noon tomorrow. Would like to get my run and the soccer game in (although they should blow us out - a team from last year asked to be kept together and play down an age group). We also have Festival in the Park. The kids are looking forward to it and have been arguing who is going (you both are) every time we drive by (at least twice a day). This has been going on since they started setting up - about three weeks ago.

Turned out longer then I thought this would be. Hope everyone has a great weekend and that all of you in Atlanta manage to avoid the rain this time.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like yall have been BUSY! Yay for pink uniforms! What's the deal with other team wanting to play down an age? How is that fair? Good luck to the poodles anyway!