Pretty sure I need to watch the movie in preparation for Caroline's soccer team. A few weeks ago the division head for the "Moppets" girls (under 5) emailed asking for more coaches so Matt volunteered. There are seven little girls on the team - Caroline is one and a friend of her's is another. That leaves 5 other unknowns. We just got rosters late last week and jerseys this morning. First practice is this week and first game is Saturday.
We really thought it would be a pretty easy, not too much to worry about deal. So far though I have gotten a couple calls to make sure I pick up uniforms as soon as they are available because it is a free for all and we do not want to end up with light gray - not that the mom cared, but she knows the little girls will not like getting an ugly color so we should really try to jump on them when they become available. Sure you don't care. Why call me three times then?
Then this morning we got an email informing us that one little girl has "two gray haired ladies" for her moms. Okay, rolling with the punches, diverse. Good thing.
Then we get another email from C4 (Assuming this is a nickname because his email has Charles XXX with a numeral four behind his name) telling us to pull the #2 jersey for his daughter because her nickname is Too Too and he thinks it would be really cute if she had the number 2.
Seriously? This makes me nervous about the next two months. We have not even had a single practice. Wish us luck!
4 comments:
I feel for you but this post made me laugh out loud!! SO FUNNY and I can't wait to hear the stories from the actual games!
Hope you didn't get the ugly light gray :-)
Oh my, that is funny. At least the parents are involved (maybe?) When Josh semi-coached Zachary's t-ball team last fall, I couldn't get any of the other moms to do anything!
they need to simmer down...maybe you should implement your drinking playdates to drinking soccer games to chill out these crazies.
ahhhh my mom calls little-kid soccer "amoeba ball"...where the ball travels around the field with ALL the kids just swarming around it...even the goalies.
I would guess that once the novelty of "it's her first time playing soccer" wears off, next season will be SO much easier for all involved! The dad who wants the #2 pulled though...he needs to trust me on this, I was #2. There's a lot of bathroom humor that follows you around when you're #2. And for some reason, kids end up with the same number through high school, no matter how much they try to get rid of it!!
Post a Comment