I think the tone was set right from the beginning. Monday morning Matt worked from home so I could go to Pilates. Then in the afternoon it seemed the stars aligned. Matt has a bank meeting in May out in Phoenix on Caroline's birthday and the next day. This was not going over well and he was going to skip some of the activities so he could leave later. So what happened? He emailed me to see if we would want to fly out and meet him on Friday and stay at the place the meeting was at on points - this company always does amazing bank meetings. While looking at the link and trying to decide if it was worth flying alone with the kids (I get very motion sick which complicates the whole flying thing) Caroline who was suppose to be having some quiet time came up and looks over me shoulder. Next thing I hear is "WOW! That looks like a really neat place!". Really? So, I checked with Matt to see the flight situation and asked Caroline if she want to fly on an airplane on her birthday to go stay there and have her birthday dinner at the hotel. She was ecstatic. The only hitches were being able to eat at Luisa's (her favorite pizza place) and being able to celebrate with her class. Finally got her over it with promising Luisa's another night that week and celebrating with her class with doughnuts for 10 minutes on her birthday and running to catch our flight or cookies the day before. Pretty sure she is onboard for day before. Woo hoo!!!!!
It is amazing how something unexpected to look forward to can just put you in a great mood. We have a week at the beach planned this summer and am looking forward to it, but this was so unexpected and I'll admit - I love the idea of a free lodging on one of his clients who takes up so much of his time at night and on weekends. The rest of the week everything just seemed to roll off my back.
Less then four weeks and I will be enjoying some beautiful, warm Phoenix sunshine by an amazing pool - possibly with drink in hand! Hopefully it doesn't rain.
Did I mention how Phil has been my favorite golfer since high school (there was a life size standup of him where I worked that the guys teased me about) and he just won his third Masters with his beautiful family watching? Great way to finish out the week!
1 comment:
Sounds like great fun!
Congrats to Phil! I was watching too!
Post a Comment