Friday, February 6, 2009

Ready and Waiting

For spring. I am so tired of this crappy cold weather. At least we have a bright blue sky (for the second straight day!). Looks like it should warm up some this next week and hopefully this is the last of the teens until next winter. I really just want to be able to go outside and play.

Not really much going on so I am going to go somewhere I really do not want to, but I have to.... Why are some people who have been extremely supportive of Obama (as in voted for him) now upset about the stimulus being so large? It really is an honest question. I have had two totally different people(a neighbor and the fence guy) in the last two days tell me they voted for him, but think the stimulus is not going to help and way to large.

Anyways, nothing too exciting going on around here. We were going to try our first movie night tonight, but remembered that Matt is taking Caroline to the Lollipops Concert tomorrow. They are doing Cinderella and do not want her too exhausted for that. Hopefully they will have fun. One of her good friends is in the row right in front of us and a few other neighbors are also going. We found out too late to get tickets for the morning show, but hopefully next time everyone can go. There is no way Owen would make the afternoon show without any kind of nap. So, movie night has been pushed to next Friday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

3 comments:

Mel said...

I have to say that I am super busy at work right now and trying to move and go to Greece, so I have not been all up and up on the whole stimulus package thing...but haven't heard any Obama supporters that have said what your neighbor and fence guy said. Also, just cause you vote for someone, that doesn't mean that you agree with EVERYTHING they do. I know that for the things that I have read about the stimulus stuff (and I am sure it is outdated now), there were some things that I agreed with and others that I don't. I also think that some of the things look really good on paper but if you really think through them and use logic (which is difficult for people in general and I am not trying to be a smart ass, I am just saying that a lot of people put emotion into their thoughts, as is human nature) then you will see that just because they sound good on paper, doesn't meant that they will work. I think that we all knew that no matter what, this would be a long road for our country. I will be really interested to see what the results are and if there is anywhere that you could go to really find out exactly where all the money was going...I would love to pick it apart. If only I had time......

jayandcourtney said...

most people aren't spending, most people aren't investing ... this bill will rebuild our banking system and ideally put faith but in our country's infrastructure. not everyone will agree with it, but we are getting to a point where we have to instill faith from the american people back into our economic system.

m said...

Well, thanks for the responses, but while I agree the bill does not sound good on paper also have to say I really do not think it will help rebuild our banking system. The problem goes much deeper then simply put more money into it so the banks will keep lending. Not sure how deep this is really worth getting into since everyone has a different view on what is going on in the economy right now, but was more just wondering what everyone thought Obama was going to do. It so struck me to hear these two people voice concern so early on.

Anyways, not going to go on anymore about the stimulus. Although I have been considering sharing some consumer stories from when I worked at the bank. Think that may get a little more insight into how some people use money.