Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ahhhhhhh

Life is slowly getting back to "normal". C loves school, but has told me "kindergarten is hard". It is definitely a much longer day and I think everyone really misses her. Today is my super sad really miss her day because she goes straight from school to dance class with another girl from her class that we are carpooling home with in the afternoons (dads take in the morning when the line is easy). So right now I keep checking the clock to see when we need to leave to pick her up and keeping noticing that class has not even started. Sad.

O had his first day yesterday and second one today. He loves it and has some of the best teachers ever - same from when C was in the three's. All the three year old teachers are good, but these two are "so awesome" (quote from C). O got to be the weather person yesterday and today he "played with the other O". Not sure how, but C ended up with a C O. in her class and O has an O O. in his class (the two are not related).

So, I thought I was going to have lots more time to get things done this year, but then M pointed out that it is only 3. 5 hours more (Owen goes one more day this year) and that I will lose a little over an hour of that driving Caroline and her friend home a few days a week. Car pool in the afternoon is ridiculous. The school is only a little over a mile, but we leave about 25 mins early to be NEAR the front and Owen just plays on the playground. Then we have to actually move through the line and get everyone home. Currently we leave about 2:20, arrive at school about 2:25, line starts at 2:50 and takes us about 8 minutes to move to front and get everyone loaded, arrive home at about 3:05. Considering leaving here at 3pm and just being at the end of the line, but she likes being near the front. When the weather gets bad she may have to get over it.

After being totally confused because it seems like just with Caroline starting school I had more time, it occurred to me that it is because I am down to just having one with me. I had adjusted to two and everything was fine, but one is so much easier. No discussions or debates on which game to play, who gets to help me do things, get in the car first, etc. It is just one child to help do things and take with on errands and no intervening in "disagreements". It is amazing! My to do list is growing as I realize I CAN clean out my closet, empty all the old stuff out of the bathroom cabinets, clean the baseboards and maybe even all the light fixtures (after Matt gets any bugs out of course). Trying to think what else I need to add to the list. Think I may try to go through the drawers in my dresser, but I so seldom go beyond the first layer not sure that is necessary!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon!

No comments: