Pretty much everything is the same here. Matt is traveling quite a bit. Every time I mention this to him, he looks at me puzzled, but his assistant even mentioned he has been gone a lot. Of course I used this as evidence I was not crazy. This week it is NY, Boston and Columbus. We did have a fun weekend. Went for another run together this weekend (my running partner was at the beach and I am officially in training for the half marathon) and date night which consisted of dinner and then going over to a white trash theme party (a opossum even made an appearance!).
Caroline had a great swim lesson last Thursday (finally!). After a month of not really progressing we spent the afternoon with friends who worked with her lots and then went over to swim lesson and she starting trying more! I really do not even care if she is good or gets it each week. It just kills me when she does not even try and has a miserable time, but she has to learn so we will keep going until she gets it. She also had a great time at her camp at the Children's Library last week. She even got up and did her part of the presentation on the last day for all the parents (a few kids said they would rather not go when it was their turns)!
Owen is doing good. He was not happy about not going with Caroline and Matt in the mornings for camp (it was uptown so Matt took her everyday), but he got lots of other treats and I think was actually okay with it by Friday morning.
Not much else going on. Getting ready to start reading The Help. Hoping it is pretty good. I have been really lucky lately with my "getting back to reading". I have not hit any really bad ones. The downside is I am getting less and less sleep as I stay up all hours unable to put them down. It does mean I am making up ground (eight books this summer) on my goal of averaging a book a month - missing the first 12 months can really hurt on that!
4 comments:
I have been reading a lot lately too...I think like 5-6 books this summer, which is good for me and I am always looking for good things to read, which reminds me, didn't you read the Time Traveler's Wife? Did you like it?
Sad you couldn't come to Atlanta.
I finished "American Wife" over the 4th of July (all in like 3 days!) and really thought you'd like it, you can borrow it if you want. The same author also wrote a book called "Prep" that's really good as well. I read the Time Traveler's Wife a few years back and liked it, but it hasn't stuck out in my mind like others have over the years. Did you ever read Eat, Pray, Love?
Have not read Time Traveler's Wife. It is on the list and was going to be my next one, but then one of Matt's clients likes giving away books and think the next one will end up being That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo (Empire Falls) that he brought home yesterday. We ended up with five copies, have given away three already but if you want one Molly it is all yours. (Sorry, mailing requires a trip to the post office.)
Thought about American Wife, but then I heard it was about Laura Bush and did not really want to read some thinly veiled biography of someone still alive. Love historical fiction, but not of living people, more like a hundred plus years ago people.
Yeah, it is a fictionalized biography of Laura Bush, but it's not condescending at all - and it really surprised me. Made her seem a lot smarter and stronger than I thought. There was one thing that I think was thrown in for dramatic impact and as a storytelling device, but it really helps to see the character development in the end. And it's weird - even though Laura Bush is indirectly SUCH a divisive person just because of who she's married to, I honestly couldn't tell the political leanings of the author - and MAN did I look!
I'll take your other book though...I'll see if I can dig up the Time Traveler's Wife, I think I even have it in hardback.
Post a Comment