Okay, not always, but lately I keep finding myself thinking about this phrase (which in a small way irritates me because I actually think the t-shirts are more then a little ugly). We have had a great summer enjoying all the little things and have not really had the chance to get bored. While I am looking forward to the start of school which at the beginning of summer I had no clue how we were going to make it, now I am almost a little sad to see it here already. Later this week we go meet teachers and then next week they start. Crazy.
This past was a pretty good example of what every week has been like. Porch party with the girls (rotate houses, have dessert and a drink and just chat w/0 the kids) one night. Matt out of town for a night (he is averaging at least once a week lately, not fun). Friends over to play (this time some newer neighbors with a little girl less then a year younger then Caroline and boy less then a year younger then Owen). The girls really got along well. The boys had some trouble, but overall did pretty well. Probably a little odd for Owen to not be the youngest for once. Birthday party Saturday. When reunited with the little boy from earlier in the week Owen and him acted like best buds. Silly guys. Ran a few mornings (increased mileage on Thursday morning to 5!). Saturday night was a last minute get together at some neighbors after all the kids were in bed (luckily was able to find a couple sitters). Only really good friends with two of the couples there so it was nice to get to know a few others better (my other friends had actual plans for a Saturday night besides watching a movie, the nerve!).
The only other really exciting thing over the last week was that I ran the Greek Festival 5k again on Saturday. I ran the race last summer and it was my first time ever making it to 3 miles and it was just me and Rebecca (although I was lucky to have a few of you here hanging out at my house!). Last year I ran it in 34:15. This year? Totally different. Not only did more people do it - 8 of us walked down together (10 if you include Caroline and Owen who Matt was pushing in the stroller grouping), but I improved my time - 31:31. Just over 10 minute miles - three in a row!!!!!!! While this is not actually a fast time, it is crazy fast for me!
This week should keep us busy again, but maybe I can make one more blog posting considering how little Matt will be around. Tonight Matt has poker, tomorrow night he has a Knights meeting, Wednesday night I have a parent meeting at school and then drinks/dessert with friends, Thursday night Matt is at the Panthers game. No travel since it is right before Labor day, but I am willing to bet that he will get put on a deal Thursday or Friday that will require near constant work over the three day weekend. Either way, life really is good - probably because we are so lucky to have such great friends! Thanks!!!!
1 comment:
Wow, has it already been a year since we were there?? Time flies!! Great job on the running time!
Btw, I love the Life is Good stuff :-) I have a few pairs of their socks to keep my toes warm on long flights :-)
Post a Comment