It has kind of been a little while. No real excuses. Same stuff everyone is dealing with. However there is hope. I have a laptop that is somewhere between here and China and as evidenced by the photo below, I am setup for updates from cellphone. So, no guarantees, but there is now less room for excuses. Should point out that the photos will almost exclusively be from my cellphone so do not expect anything even approaching Melissa or Carrie's skills. I did decide my little blog is a great venting place and hopefully provides some honest insights into my sahm status. It is not always easy, but gets a little easier every day (or possibly my standards just erode more every day). Perhaps more honestly, the days all have highs and lows some just have more of one then the other. No day, no one, no event is truly ever really perfect is it? Personally, that would be pretty boring. With all of that being said, I am back (or at least I'll try really hard).
SO, the last few months have been fun and busy, but I am not going into details because that would be long, tedious and pretty boring for all involved. Instead I'll just jump right in...
Matt is out of town. And it stinks. He has been gone since Monday afternoon and is hitting both coasts. Yuck. Not helping matters he keeps telling me how great the weather and beautiful the areas are (LA, San Francisco and some vineyards outside of San Fran). Really? Does he think this helps anything????? The kids have done pretty well about him not being here. Today was when they hit the wall. From the beginning Owen came in my room right at 7am and as soon as he opened the door said "daddy" (you cannot see the bed from the door) and ran down the little hall. He glanced at me and ran to the other side. At this point I said "no daddy until Saturday, just mommy." He then made a little noise and said, "I find daddy". Then he ran out of the room and next thing I hear is the alarm. I jump out of bed, turn off the alarm, and run out of my room to see that he has thrown open the front door and is starting to cry. I run over and ask what he is doing and he says "I find daddy". Like he is on a mission to find Matt. When I try to get him away from the door he starts full on crying and keeps saying it "I find daddddddyyyyy." It was not fun and since he is on the west coast did not want to pull out the let's give daddy a call. He eventually calmed down, but it was a little sad.
The high point - I have had a really yucky cold for a week now (only like three more days then, right?), my entire body is sore (started doing Pilates a couple weeks ago on the machine and added a mat class this week, ouch!), Matt is not here and I am absolutely exhausted because I am one of those geeks that loves every single second of the Olympics. So this morning was sitting at the table having a cup of coffee while the kids got their morning shows in (yes, I know tv is bad for little ones, but an hour and a half in the morning is educational) and Matt called. Still sound horrible (Advil was not kicking in yet) and telling Matt that I really just need a big hug (I know I am sappy and needy). All of a sudden Caroline is running over and I have no idea what is wrong (this is tv time when they are zoned out/intensively learning - I am only needed if something is seriously wrong, ie more milk, tissue, etc but even then they normally just yell over). She throws her arms around me and will not let go. She heard me and was giving me the big hug I said I needed. Obviously I teared up. She looked at me (with the sweetest eyes and a reassuring smile) and told me "it's okay, daddy will be home soon". Highs and lows.
Okay, need to change some laundry and go catch up on my Olympics. Hope the computer gets here soon!
2 comments:
Glad you are back! I missed reading what you are up to.
Both of those stories are sweet! Kinda sucks that Owen was so upset he couldn't find daddy, but very sweet that he looked for him.
Highs and lows...that's for sure!
YAY....glad you are back!!
Sweet stories...they are getting so big!
Post a Comment